In 2016, Albany Medical Center decided to expand its services to the greater Schenectady area. The new, state-of-the-art facility is located at 1769 Union Street on what was once referred to as “doctor’s row.”
Albany Med worked with Lecce Development to develop the site. Six houses, a post office, and a dentist's office were cleared to make room for the new medical arts center.
C2 was brought on as the architect of record for the design of the $8.5 million, three-story comprehensive Ambulatory Care Center. The 37,821 square foot, the center includes a commonly used EmUrgentcare located on the ground level. Laboratory services and specialty practices are located on the second floor. There are a total of 24 examination rooms among the practices. Endoscopy specialists and outpatient surgical suites are located on the third floor. Hyman Hayes was brought on by the client to design the surgical suites on the third floor.
Year Completed: 2017
Size: 37,821 SF